Jobhop Jobhop's blog : Top 10 Fashion Companies to Work For
From free clothes to an extra day off for your birthday, everyone enjoys a company that comes with benefits. But some employers go beyond health care, pensions or company cars to attract their employees.
More than half of employees admit benefits and perks are amongst their top considerations before accepting a new job, according to a survey by Glassdoor.
To find out which fashion companies were truly taking notes and bringing to life the ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude, I managed to dig around and find the below businesses to have the best perks around…
Online Fashion Retailer
- Five weeks of holiday per year (as well as the usual public holidays). In addition to this, you get your birthday off too – who wants to go to work on their birthday?!
- Through the flexible benefits scheme, you will have the chance to select from a wide range of benefits to help you personalise your reward package to suit your lifestyle, including pensions, life insurance, dental insurance, private medical insurance, childcare vouchers and give as you earn.
- An exclusive discount on all ASOS products for you and a friend.
- Great discounts on iPads, cinema tickets and spa vouchers.
- Paid travel to and from work.
- Summer hours scheme where they finish at 3 pm on Fridays and the famous Friday bar on the last Friday of every month – the perfect chance at the end of a busy week to relax and have a drink on them!
“Great parties, great investment opportunities, good bonus and holidays.” – Current Employee
“Excellent benefits package! Also, the great thing is that ASOS are always looking at ways they can improve it even further, showing that they really care and value their employees.” – Current Employee
“Really good bonus and Sharesave schemes and generally a great life balance with flexible hours throughout the year as well as special summer hours to allow staff to enjoy the better weather.” – Current Employee
Clothing Retail Company
- A generous holiday allowance which ranges between 5-7 weeks.
- 6 weeks paid sick leave after 6 months of working there.
- Discount when shopping at H&M as well as other brands within the H&M group.
- Flexible when it comes to meeting employees needs and supporting them when they’re facing personal issues by giving them holidays or time off work.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Company maternity/paternity pay.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
“Employee discount is the best thing about the job. 25% off all year with family and friends vouchers at holiday times” – Current Employee
“Great team and staff, great discount off sale items, benefits are good, they treat their staff with respect, and everyone is friendly and is like a big family flexibility.” – Current Employee
Fashion Design House
- Great employee sales and discounts on products and they also have employee appreciation weekend when you receive an additional discount.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage as well as a generous paid time off policy.
- Supplemental maternity leave, flexible spending accounts and 401k savings and profit sharing plans.
- Backup child care.
“Office closes at 1 pm EVERY Friday, good healthcare benefits, excellent work/life balance. Quarterly product incentives (store credit to use on purchases), good discounts on products, sample sales and unlimited sick days.” – Current Employee
“Great discounts on clothing, handbags, and shoes!” – Current Employee
“You get holiday hours when requested as long as it's submitted within a reasonable amount of time to give advanced notice. I also love the once a month wardrobing, discount on clothes, shoes and bags.” – Current Employee
4. Urban Outfitters
Multinational Clothing Corporation
- Medical, dental, life and vision insurance.
- 24 Hour Healthcare Concierge.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free nutrition counselling.
- Gym discounts.
- Home office gym with access to personal trainers.
- Paid holidays.
- Employee discount which can be used in-store or online at all URBN brands; Anthropologie, Terrain, Free People, Vetri Family and Urban Outfitters.
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Employee referral bonus
- Free bike light and helmet for those who bike to work
- On-site banking, dry cleaning & tailoring.
“The best thing about benefits is that you get to purchase the stock at a discounted price. The employee discount is also really nice sometimes getting up to 70 percent off.” - Current Employee
“Great health, dental and improved vision benefits. There are different tiered packages to suit your needs.” - Current Employee
“Great benefits plan, medical, dental and vision. Very affordable and eligible within 20 days of employment also, generous employee discount available from day one!” - Current Employee
Design and Manufacturer Footwear Company
- Health insurance, dental and vision coverage and various retirement options and plans.
- On-site gyms and sports facilities and company sports days and trips.
- Holiday and flextime programmes, day care centres and camps for kids during the school holidays.
- The workplace is geared entirely towards creative collaboration and adaptive work arrangements – customisable workspaces, whiteboard walls and floors and collaboration hubs.
- Employees have the option to choose a new spot to sit each day to facilitate collaboration and inspiration.
- Employee stock programme allows employees to purchase the stock at discount.
- Employee discount 30% in store on top of promotion and 50% online.
“Incredible company and proud and dignified in every way. Very strong and successful in the retail world and this makes you motivated and satisfied to be part of the family”. - Current Employee
“Lots of opportunities for career progression and open to movement throughout the company. Great brand to work for and a lot happening in the offices”. - Current Employee
“Great brand and company to work for. Lots of sporting benefits such as free tickets, celebrities coming into the office. Also, the staff discount makes a big difference.” - Current Employee
Clothing Retailer Company
- They give a very generous merchandise discount for Gap (50%), Banana Republic, Old Navy and Outlet – available to all full-time, part-time and seasonal employees.
- You can invest in the company through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- One of the most competitive plans in the industry, providing PTO days for holiday, personal time or illness.
- They partner with other organisations to give their employees community discount at theme parks, cellular carriers, car sharing, travel companies and more.
- Leaders and managers get monthly bonuses.
- Time and a half for working public holidays.
“The Health Benefits were fantastic! Wishing all companies were so generous”. - Past Employee
“Good ethical company that cares about the community and its employees. There is also chances to progress within the company.” - Current Employee
“Excellent company to work for, plenty of opportunities to progress, lots of variety and plenty to keep you busy.” - Current Employee
- 60% off all products and an internet staff shop.
- Hair salon within the building where you're able to get colour, styling or a cut for free.
- Summer half-day Fridays.
- A yearly thorough medical check-up.
- 14 weeks of paid maternity leave.
- Employees are eligible for a pension plan which is rare.
- Health insurance premiums.
- Discounted gym memberships.
“Working with some of the best minds in the industry. Very strong training ground, the opportunity for quick progression if you fit the culture, incredibly dynamic and strong energy every day.” - Current Employee
“I have such a great team. I get given a really high level of responsibility but all the necessary support. Great social life, interesting work, flexible hours have been introduced and great training.” - Current Employee
“Great people, young and fast paced environment, room for quick progression. Good work and initiative are really valued”. - Current Employee
- 25% off Topshop/Topman and other selected Arcadia brands.
- 4-5 weeks paid holiday per year plus public holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Maternity and paternity leave, career breaks and flexible working hours.
- External discount on your supermarket shopping, gym memberships and holiday bookings.
- Travel card for employees working in Central London.
- They support working parents with childcare vouchers.
“A chance to see the latest fashion that will be available for the coming seasons, this helps you get a head start on your season's wardrobe.” - Current Employee
“Great management from the top down, huge community with great communications to keep the whole company connected. Some perks of the job include the discount and bonus' you receive as you move up in the store.” - Current Employee
“Team effort to reach targets and team rewards such as trips to the theatre, discounts across Arcadia stores and flexible working patterns”. - Current Employee
9. New Era Cap Company
Fashion Headwear Company
- Blue Cross Medical Insurance Programme, 24/7 health advocate service, flexible spending accounts, worksite wellness programmes.
- Paid holidays and time off.
- Summer hours programme.
- Casual working environment.
- Employee recognition.
- Basic life insurance.
“Benefits are great, good work-life balance; growth opportunities exist if you are motivated and have the right attitude”. - Current Employee
“Amazing company with great people and incredible culture. The working environment is the most helpful I have ever worked in, no one hesitates to lend a helping hand at any time. You meet a lot of interesting people and learn new stuff every day. All in all, you will never get bored at New Era! Simply Great!." - Current Employee
“Great company and a great atmosphere. Really big company that cares about even the new employees. I really enjoyed walking into work every day and it was apparent that their creative ideas are spread throughout the building.” - Past Employee
Footwear Manufacturing Company
- Health, life & accident, disability insurance.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid holidays and time off.
- Generous product discount.
- Onsite fitness centre/fitness discounts.
- Transportation allowance.
“Such an exciting, innovative environment. We were always working with the coolest people globally and managing exciting projects and it moved so fast so you were never bored.” - Past Employee
“Team spirit, respect, understanding, guiding, coaching, friendliness, educational, opportunity to grow, everyone is like a huge family and after you finish your shift you want to stay there a little bit longer.” - Current Employee
“The culture in the company is amazing. Management is amazing and the discount is definitely a pro. Very enjoyable working there and coworkers are amazing." - Current Employee
These 10 companies are just some that provide perks and benefits that go beyond the basics, with 60% off at L'Oreal and 50% off online at Adidas, flexible hours, summer half-day Fridays, on-site gyms and even a dog-friendly workplace.
Do you work for a company that provides great perks? Let us know on Twitter!
In: Kyria Bush Jobhop.co.uk
Kyria Bush Jobhop.co.uk