Sprink Davis's blog : Open Portable Company File in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are seeking the procedure to create and open portable company file in QuickBooks desktop, then the guidelines provided in this article will definitely assist you. Through this article, readers shall be enlightened with a lucid process for creating Portable File in QuickBooks Desktop. A portable company file is a compacted version of a company file that can be easily shared via email or stored on portable storage devices such as USB drives or hard drives. With QuickBooks, generating portable files is a simple process, allowing you to transfer them effortlessly to various devices and quickly open or recover them when needed.
What is a Portable Company File in QuickBooks?
A Portable Company File is a specific type of file format in QuickBooks that allows you to easily and securely transfer company data between different computers or send it to your accountant. It contains a compressed version of your company file, including all your financial data, transactions, and settings.
Points to note before creating a Portable Company File in QuickBooks Desktop
Before proceeding with the creation of your portable Company file, it is essential to ensure that you fulfill the following prerequisites:
- • Make sure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- • Always log in to QuickBooks as an 'Admin.'
- • Be aware that if you share a copy of the portable file with someone else, they will have complete access to QuickBooks, including the ability to add/modify transactions and change the Administrator password.
- • If you have attempted to resolve any data issues, take care not to overwrite the original file when restoring the portable copy. It is recommended to rename the original file before restoring the portable company file.
- • If you need to send the company file to an accountant, use the accountant's copy feature.
We hope this walkthrough for creating and opening a portable company file in QuickBooks Desktop was helpful. For answers to any questions, users can reach us out at the helpline 1-800-615-2347.
You may also see: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 77